Generally, NO. Most of our properties are keyed on a master keyway system and any changes can affect the ability of our staff to respond to calls, lock outs, or maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Have suitable credit history, rental history, criminal history and income that meets or exceeds 3 times the monthly rent for the property that you are trying to qualify for.
- Have suitable credit history, rental history, criminal history and obtain a guarantor with suitable credit history, rental/ownership history, criminal history and income that meets or exceeds 5 times the monthly rent for the property that you are trying to qualify for to guarantee your obligations.
- Online through the maintenance request form on the website.
- In person at our office during normal business hours, located at 1587 Port Republic Road, Suite #3, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
- Over the phone during normal business hours at (540) 438-8800.
If your maintenance request is an emergency situation, please call 540.438.8800 right away. A property manager is available 24-hours a day should you need specific assistance.
- Interested applicants will be asked to fill out the appropriate application, Student or Residential. The fee for this application is $30.00, paid online at the time application is made. All persons over the age of 18 wishing to be on the lease agreement must fill out an application to be considered for tenancy. Riner Rentals will perform a credit check, rental history check, and employment verification. If an applicant is a student or not employed, a guarantor must be used or they must qualify on their own. The guarantor must also fill out an application and the guarantor form.
- Once your completed application is received, your information will be processed and within 1-2 business days you will be notified as to whether or not you have been approved for the property. During this time frame, we will run your credit report, verify current employment, and check your rental references. If you are approved for the property we will contact you and the leasing process will follow after viewing available property.
- After signing the Application Deposit Agreement and paying the security deposit a lease will be emailed to you. The Lease must be signed within 48 hours after the lease is emailed or the unit will go back on the rental market and 50% of the deposit/routine maintenance fee will not be refunded.
Please contact Riner Rentals at (540) 438-8800 with any questions that you may have about the application or leasing process.
If you require an adjustment in another locality, you will need to call and discuss with whomever you pay your water bill to on a monthly basis.
Typically, all residents are responsible for:
- Securing all utilities for housing, unless otherwise provided
- Lawn care, unless otherwise provided
- Changing the furnace/air conditioning filters monthly
- Minor repairs to your home, including, but not limited to, replacing light bulbs, clogged drains, etc.
- Changing the smoke detector batteries during tenancy (these are new when you move in)
- Pest control
- Complying with all Homeowners Association Rules (if applicable)
- Following all of the terms of your lease