Generally, NO. Most of our properties are keyed on a master keyway system and any changes can affect the ability of our staff to respond to calls, lock outs, or maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Have suitable credit history, rental history, criminal history and income that meets or exceeds 3 times the monthly rent for the property that you are trying to qualify for.
- Have suitable credit history, rental history, criminal history and obtain a guarantor with suitable credit history, rental/ownership history, criminal history and income that meets or exceeds 5 times the monthly rent for the property that you are trying to qualify for to guarantee your obligations.
- Online through the maintenance request form on the website.
- In person at our office during normal business hours, located at 1587 Port Republic Road, Suite #3, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
- Over the phone during normal business hours at (540) 438-8800.
If your maintenance request is an emergency situation, please call 540.438.8800 right away. A property manager is available 24-hours a day should you need specific assistance.
- Each adult planning to occupy the property must fill out an application allowing Riner Rentals to perform a credit check, rental history check, and employment verification. All people over 18 years of age will need to apply individually for a property. If applicant is a student or not employed, a guarantor must be used or they must qualify on their own. The guarantor must also fill out an application and the guarantor form.
- Once your completed application is received, your information will be processed and within 1-2 business days you will be notified as to whether or not you have been approved for the property. During this time frame, we will run your credit report, verify current employment, and check your rental references. If you are approved for the property we will contact you and the leasing process will follow after viewing available property.
- After signing a lease, the security deposit and move-out fee will be due in full within two weeks and placed into an escrow account. The first month’s rent will be due at the date of move in when you come to pick up your keys.
Please contact Riner Rentals at 540.480.8800 with any questions that you may have about the application or leasing process.
Once you have completed your application, please drop it off at our office located 1587 Port Republic Road, Suite #3, Harrisonburg, VA 22801 or e-mail it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fill out an application on our website, but there is a $5.00 convenience fee to do so online.
If you require an adjustment in another locality, you will need to call and discuss with whomever you pay your water bill to on a monthly basis.
Typically, all residents are responsible for:
- Securing all utilities for housing, unless otherwise provided
- Lawn care, unless otherwise provided
- Changing the furnace/air conditioning filters monthly
- Minor repairs to your home, including, but not limited to, replacing light bulbs, clogged drains, etc.
- Changing the smoke detector batteries during tenancy (these are new when you move in)
- Pest control
- Complying with all Homeowners Association Rules (if applicable)
- Following all of the terms of your lease