Answers to your common questions
A condition report is completed by the resident(s) when they move in. This is known as the "move-in inspection report", where the condition of your property is detailed on a move-in inspection form. We perform two visual walkthroughs during a twelve month term, when we also change furnace filters and check smoke detectors. We also conduct other inspections when we determine that an inspection is warranted.
We perform another inspection, known as the "move-out inspection", when the tenants move out of your property. The move out inspection is done to ensure that the residents returned the home back to the condition (excluding normal wear and tear) they leased it in. Pictures or video will be taken if necessary. If there are any damages found, beyond normal wear, we will have the damage repaired and deduct the expense from the tenant's security deposit. Once all repairs have been made, we will refund any remaining deposit in accordance with the VRLTA and other Virginia law.
- Meeting with you before listing your property to discuss rental rates, location, rental market, personal preferences, recommendations, and to answer any questions. All of this, of course, is absolutely FREE!
- FREE advertisement of your property on our company website, Craigslist and other third party rental sites, and our inter-office rental list
- Locating and screening prospective tenants
- Signing all leasing documents and associated paperwork with tenants and keeping them on file
- Collecting and disbursing rents on your behalf
- Sending out property taxes, maintenance fees, etc. as desired by the owner
- Direct deposits to owner account(s), if desired
- Coordination of cleaning, repairs and regular maintenance as needed
- And MOST IMPORTANTLY, management of your rental property as if it were personally owned by Riner Rentals
Riner Rentals also manages a large portfolio of STUDENT rentals in the Harrisonburg area consisting of homes, townhomes, duplexes, apartments, and condos.
- Using Our Experience: We have been serving the Harrisonburg and Rockingham County area of Virginia for 15 years, and have more than 25 years of experience managing properties in the same areas.
- Through the Commitment of Our Staff: By marketing your rental property to minimize vacancies and maximize income. We know the local Harrisonburg and Rockingham County rental market, what comparable properties are renting for, and what potential renters are willing to pay for each unique rental property. We have the marketing know-how to reach potential renters through a variety of methods and have the experience and resources to help eliminate potential bad tenant experiences.
- With Consistent Hard Work on Our Owner’s Behalf: Fill vacancies with screened and approved possible tenants - We handle and coordinate routine repairs as well as emergency repairs, lockouts, etc.
- By Managing Your Financial Responsibilities as an Owner: Track income and expenses to determine profitability.
- By Managing your Risk and Liability: Negotiate rental agreements; Collect rent and track tenant deposits; Comply with federal, state and local laws (VRLTA, Fair Housing, etc); and respond to tenant requests and deal with any tenant issue that may arise.